Mittwoch, 4. November 2015

A heart for Nias - Sponsorship for disabled children

Hi there!

Normaly I write my Blog only in german....but as this is very important for me I want to share this also in english.

I am in Nias (North Sumatra - Indonesia) since seven month now. I volunteer at the Caritas in the capital city Gunung Sitoli. One of the projects here is a communiy based rehabilitation for families with disabled children.

In one of the first month I could accompany the team to the families and I lost my heart with the children. And so I decided to start a sponsorship project for this children (as the budget at the Caritas is very tight).

During my visits to the children I had touching, funny and stirring moments. I learned that for disabled children it is not easy in Nias, because sometimes the trationell believe says that the disability is a curse and so sometimes they hide the children. The team of the Caritas already has done lot of educational work and still does.

As Nias is one of the poorest islands in Indonesia, some of the people do not have enough food or good water to drink. For this families I look for sponsorship.

30 Euro per month will help the children to secure that they can go to school and get enough food.
For more information write me a message in Facebook - then I can send you the details.

I visited all children personally and I fell in love with them and so will you. I also know the team that will continue the project after my stay here. They are very kind people and do professional work here.

If you have any question or you are interested to take a sponsorship, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Contact

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen